Wednesday, April 11, 2012

They Passed a Budget

Last night at Ken Ulmans fundraising event in Maple Lawn, I congratulated Delegate Frank Turner for the colossal failure of the Democrat controlled General Assembly with a Democratic governor to pass a simple budget.

“We passed a budget,” he bristled.

That’s true. In fact, as a result of infighting amongst the Dems, a budget was approved that most Repubs actually favored. The Dems labeled it the “Doomsday” budget while state Repubs referred to it as a “living within your means" budget. According to this story by Michael Dresser and Annie Linskey in The Sun, Senate Minority leader E.J. Pipkin thinks the budget is fine just the way it is with no need for a special session to fix it.

"At the end of the day, there was a lack of leadership from the governor," he said. Pipkin said there's no need for a special session. "We have a balanced budget. We've done what was needed. Let's go home," he said.”

Frank also told me that he doesn’t read the blogs. “I don’t have time for all that,”  he said. I told him that didn’t surprise me besides I added, he might not like what he sees.
blog comments powered by Disqus