Friday, November 02, 2012

Voting Early...Or Not


I didn't vote early today. I didn't really need to do it today, but I thought I’d check out the scene anyway. I had heard that there were long lines and I wanted to see that for myself. The last time I voted early I breezed in and out.
There was no breezing in and out this afternoon at the Ellicott City Senior Center. The line snaked out the door and into the parking lot. Even on a bad day at my regular polling site the line has never gone outside. I’ll wait and vote in my hood next Tuesday.

If I had voted this afternoon I had intended to share my votes here. Even though I didn't vote, I decided to share with you how I intended to, on some of the loco stuff anyway.  After all, it's not like I'm going to change my mind before Tuesday.  On the other hand, the presidential race is so divisive I’m not so sure I want to share that vote. I will say that won't vote for Santa Claus. The line between politics and fantasy is blurry enough already.

Here’s the local stuff.

Board of Education


Question 3: For the Constitutional Amendment
Question 4: For the Constitutional Amendment
Question 5: Against the Referred Law
Question 6: For the Referred Law
Question 7:  Against the Additional Forms and Expansion of Commercial Gaming
Question A: For the Charter Amendment
Question B: For the Charter Amendment
Question C: For the Charter Amendment
Question D: For the Charter Amendment
Question E: For the Charter Amendment

If you’d like to educate yourself about the local charter amendments (A,B,C,D, & E) I recommend this excellent post by Tom Coale on HoCo Rising and, of course, this helpful guide from the Howard County Leaque of Women Voters.

Since I’m not voting on the big picture stuff today maybe I’ll drop into the Mobbies and put in a vote or two for a fellow HoCo blogger.

blog comments powered by Disqus